Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My son turned 8 and wanted a Harry Potter Party. So I was at it again, creating and making. However, I used a ton of pinterest ideas. Oh, how I love that site.

Cake was from Baskin Robins. We love the fudge crunch cake. They did a fabulous job!

Food was from subway. I made butterbeer (not a big hit, I added too much butter rum extract)


Found these cool bottles from goodwill and added some fun labels. To make them look aged, I took an electric sander to the glass to scuff it up.

Chocolate frog boxes I printed from the computer.

I love how the invites turned out. This was the inside and the outside looked like an envelope, which I folded in half.



I used a table cloth and cut it into parts to add a little more decorations. I also printed off the jellybean containers.

I printed off an image and made an iron on transfer.

I printed off the sign and mod-podged it to cardboard and then lit the sides on fire to make it look old.

Stickers I found at Joann Fabrics

More potions

I made oreo balls and wrapped them in gold foil to make them look like golden snitches

Another Banner I made

I made the wall using a shower curtain, red enamel paint and a sponge.




I love how he used his wand to try and put the candles out. Made for a cool picture!

I hope this will inspire you in creating the most magical Harry Potter party.

No comments:

Post a Comment